CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

drxx

12th October 2024, 21:59
Would your 4 letter word be equally at home inside the structure (last word of the message) as it would be running through its lookalike?
41 of 90  -   Report This Post

lewap

12th October 2024, 22:14
Thanks drxx and JBird. I wasn't familiar with that compound.
Drxx...no it isn't...but I have thought of another that is!
42 of 90  -   Report This Post

lewap

12th October 2024, 22:26
I spoke too soon. My new 4-letter word fits in three evenly-spaced locations...but not seven!
43 of 90  -   Report This Post

drxx

12th October 2024, 22:35
It's 7 new words (not 7 locations, lewap).
44 of 90  -   Report This Post

lewap

12th October 2024, 23:02
As usual, I was overthinking it!
All done.
Photo booths and cigars spring to mind...
45 of 90  -   Report This Post

andyp

13th October 2024, 07:53
I have created the 7 extra words, and have a number of enpty cells that matches with where 71 comes in list of primes .

However having done so, while i can see the effect of the theme, i am struggling to see what the bottom of the grid is supposed to represent.

would also appreciate parsing of the discharge clue

thanks vm (and to [tba] for a good puzzle)
46 of 90  -   Report This Post

mattrom

13th October 2024, 08:09
Andyp, the discharge (3), (with extra letter), could be between 2 terminals, in 'river' (3) minus last letter.
Def. is 'fish'. I'm not sure that 'stunted' really works for removing the last letter, however.
47 of 90  -   Report This Post

andyp

13th October 2024, 08:18
thanks mattrom - hadnt considered that sort of discharge. I also read the clue as the discharge having to be outside the river.

Other than that - i was all over it!
48 of 90  -   Report This Post

dylan

13th October 2024, 08:27
Thanks cypherhouse and drxx for help with Fruit producers, but I still don't see where Scotland comes in.

I'm also pretty much stuck on the bottom half- tips please for
Like bone... and
Displays Admirals....

Thanks
49 of 90  -   Report This Post

andyp

13th October 2024, 08:50
Dylan

The three letters in middle of the second word in answer for fruit producers is scottish.

Displays: two letters from admiral (clue needs adjusting) inside a word for floors (more common over the channel) defn = displays (not a word many would come across every day i venture)

Like Bone ( this is defn). the attention seeker is two letters (not a person, but simply a word). This is inside word for _ailed, without a certain letter.

Hope this helps
50 of 90  -   Report This Post