CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

11th October 2024, 15:54
The clues...
Requests for help should normally include the clue itself, the number of letters in the answer and details of any you already have. Any additional information or special instructions, common in Listener puzzles, should also be included.
Hints only, please, no answers.

The theme...
Help towards the theme may also be sought here. The help given should be fairly gentle, just a nudge or a pointer in the right direction - and certainly not anything that would spoil the puzzle for others. Any posts which, even inadvertently, reveal too much of the theme are likely to be removed.

Although there are Forum regulars on the Listener threads, newcomers are always welcome.

The Listener is a unique puzzle and should be treated with respect.
1 of 90  -   Report This Post

dylan

11th October 2024, 17:46
I thought that I was making good progress with the top half, but I've now realised that I'm going to run out of road as I go further down - given the L/R symmetry, there simply don't seem to be enough rows to accommodate the across answers. I won't say more now, but I'm confident that I have the first few down clues in the right places.

Any thoughts, please?
2 of 90  -   Report This Post

woodlouse

11th October 2024, 19:11
Dylan

You're right

I'm going to read the preamble in the morning.
3 of 90  -   Report This Post

candledave

11th October 2024, 19:23
Works for me - remember there are some thematic entries
4 of 90  -   Report This Post

drxx

11th October 2024, 20:10
Once you've solved the four answers (across/down) entered thematically, it will become pretty obvious.
Enjoyable and quite funny (I think) even for those of us still into the technique.
5 of 90  -   Report This Post

rhsl

12th October 2024, 00:49
Yes, drxx, my dad used that technique. Not so common these days.
Clever puzzle, with a couple of PDMs required. I was worried that it would end with a GWIT, but that wasn't the case.
6 of 90  -   Report This Post

woodlouse

12th October 2024, 07:53
There is a fantastic video on YouTube of ……….

Note by Admin - Post amended as I am informed that it gives away too much information
7 of 90  -   Report This Post

gitto

12th October 2024, 09:51
Although I can't get anywhere (so far) with this puzzle, I believe the theme has already been given away!
8 of 90  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

12th October 2024, 11:17
Gitto, I’ve amended the offending post after being informed by email that it gave away too much info.
9 of 90  -   Report This Post

gitto

12th October 2024, 11:26
OK, thanks Norah.

Cold solved 19 clues and still clueless as to how to proceed!!
10 of 90  -   Report This Post