CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

8th May 2018, 17:04
I also asked Ash why newcomers are permitted to post a web link in the thread title on their first post.
The present rule for newcomers is that they have to prove themselves genuine (eg some crossword-related queries) before they can add links in the main text. So why allow links in the thread title ? Just saying.....
I had no reply there either.
20901 of 30765  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th May 2018, 17:25
I've just sent Ash an email 17.25 hrs.
20902 of 30765  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th May 2018, 17:32
Spam gone ! Thanks
20903 of 30765  -   Report This Post

pigale

8th May 2018, 17:35
Obviously Norah was able to leave her other business occupations
for a while and dealt with the spams - I feel sorry for her!
20904 of 30765  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th May 2018, 17:37
I am sorry for her too, Pigale. I know when she is too busy with personal life, she will ask Ash to assist. Thanks to both . The current problem was overwhelming
20905 of 30765  -   Report This Post

rusty

8th May 2018, 17:55
Hello, Jazzgirl!
I feel sorry for Norah, too!
And sorry, too, for all the regular visitors to the site who have to tolerate the spam.
I visit other forums too, I suppose most of us have other interests.
But this is the only one with daily invasions of spam.
I do not know the answer but I am sure there is one!
20906 of 30765  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th May 2018, 18:00
hi rusty
On the "other forum" Boaty zaps the spam on the early morning shift, followed by Buenchico for the next hour or so, followed by others in various shifts. It works well.
20907 of 30765  -   Report This Post

rusty

8th May 2018, 18:06
Hello, Jazzgirl!
Yes, and Boaty and Buenchico etc seem to do a very good job of zapping the spam.
It is not often I spot a spam over there.
I believe they have quite a few mods in action on that forum, and not long since they were asking for more.
Anyway, hope you get a reply from Ash and there is a bit of progress regarding the elimination of spam!
20908 of 30765  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th May 2018, 18:10
hi rusty
I emailed Ash at 17.25 as I had a feeling Norah was probably dealing with personal life. The spam disappeared within 7 minutes, so I dont know if he had acted, or whether Norah was able to do it. Just thankful it is gone .
20909 of 30765  -   Report This Post

elle

8th May 2018, 18:44
Hi, Rusty!
I decided to stay well out of the way whilst everyone was going on about the scamming situation!
I am sure that both Ash and Norah are well aware of the Spam problems and are doing their best to deal with the matter.
This is a happy "family" orientated Forum.......I do not think we need "monitors".
I haven't had the time today to complete my crossword!
I am about halfway through.....
But for 7d, I have "Dieu et Mon Droit" - God and my Right.
This is the motto of the Royal family...adopted by Henry V, referring to his claim by descent to the French throne.
I do not think it a cryptic clue though?
Re the park......I shan't be there tomorrow...the poor dog has an appointment with the vet to have her teeth cleaned!
20910 of 30765  -   Report This Post