CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

18th October 2024, 15:56
The clues...
Requests for help should normally include the clue itself, the number of letters in the answer, and details of any you already have. Any additional information or special instructions, common in Listener puzzles, should also be included.

Hints only, please, no answers.

The theme...
Help towards the theme may also be sought here. The help given should be just a nudge, a pointer in the right direction, and certainly not anything that would spoil the puzzle for others.
Any posts which, even inadvertently, reveal too much of the theme are likely to be removed.

There are many regulars on the Forum Listener threads, but newcomers are always welcome.

The Listener is a unique puzzle and should be treated with respect.
1 of 45  -   Report This Post

drxx

18th October 2024, 19:41
One of the four took some finding and the highlighting took longer than it should have.
Some tricky elements and a well developed gimmick (I think).
2 of 45  -   Report This Post

rhsl

18th October 2024, 23:51
A couple of the corrections felt a bit tenuous, but that didn't stop this being a straightforward solve.
Nice ideas, though, and (as I've said before) I could never set a puzzle to save my life!
3 of 45  -   Report This Post

brendan

19th October 2024, 03:57
Agreed, I found some of the letter corrections really hard to discern.
4 of 45  -   Report This Post

kindred2

19th October 2024, 09:30
A full grid, a likely candidate for one of the words to highlight. Cannot for the life of me find the second yet.
5 of 45  -   Report This Post

0pt0

19th October 2024, 10:17
I am in the same position as you Kindred2. I have six letters in a straight line which could describe the subject of the theme and I have looked in the two places where the other four could be, but no luck yet. Back to grid-staring!
6 of 45  -   Report This Post

cockie

19th October 2024, 11:40
Think about synonyms for the straight line word - the preamble hints at "of similar meaning".
7 of 45  -   Report This Post

gitto

19th October 2024, 11:43
I think that I have a full grid, but struggling with answers to three of the group of four. Additionally, the message from the misprints doesn't seem to make much sense to me.
8 of 45  -   Report This Post

gitto

19th October 2024, 12:22
Now I have a full grid and the necessary 10 cells highlighted, I am 99% positive my grid is correct but I still need to solve 3 of the 4 and parse 13a - but football now beckons.
9 of 45  -   Report This Post

woodlouse

19th October 2024, 12:47
Tough but fair if you knew anything about the subject, which I didn't
10 of 45  -   Report This Post