CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

buzzb

20th July 2024, 01:08
Never mind...I thought the clashing ones were supposed to be free of changes but I was wrong
11 of 53  -   Report This Post

rhsl

20th July 2024, 01:08
Had a couple of well-timed PDMs. Nice puzzle, though it felt a little rough around the edges somehow.
12 of 53  -   Report This Post

will37

20th July 2024, 02:10
Successive postings are giving way too much away at a time when many of us haven't had a chance to look at the print version of the puzzle.
13 of 53  -   Report This Post

gitto

20th July 2024, 12:35
I am certainly struggling with this! Are al the answers the same length as the grid entry?
14 of 53  -   Report This Post

gitto

20th July 2024, 14:12
Now got a full grid, two instructions, a number of clashes and a phrase describing the alterations. Just the pesky two other requirements needed now. This, for me, has certainly been quite a challenge so far and hasn't ceased to be so.
15 of 53  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

20th July 2024, 14:43
This felt tough for much of the going but a couple of PDMs and the picture became clear. A very neat finish, I thought. Thank you, Raven! (You, or your namesake, were presumably pleased by 3d 😉.)
16 of 53  -   Report This Post

woodlouse

20th July 2024, 16:03
I must say I found the final entry at 4d a bit too unpleasant.

There are at least two less ghastly entries for the original 4d that could have been clued instead
17 of 53  -   Report This Post

jlc

20th July 2024, 18:50
"All final entries not involved in clashes are real, words, names or phrases."

Otherwise, having consulted the Internet, I can understand where you're coming from.
18 of 53  -   Report This Post

cockie

20th July 2024, 19:39
Here's hoping will37 has had enough time to finish this, which is more than I have. So I seek a hint or two. I have the "instruction" in the usual place (and marvel at its achievement). However filling the other two clash cells is taking more hours than it should. I infer that more than just two letters occupy each of these cells (because the across instructions seems to mean that). Does each of the two cells lead to an anagram, or are both to be lumped together? The problem really arises because I can't for the life of me get anywhere with 15, 7 or 27. Which is no doubt where the PDM is lurking. Oh dear!
19 of 53  -   Report This Post

dylan

20th July 2024, 20:49
I can’t make sense of my answer to 15ac, which doesn’t seem to be a word, though it fits the clue and some crossing letters.

Also 27dn doesn’t have anything that fits with my letters entered.

Tips please , thanks
20 of 53  -   Report This Post