CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

brendan

14th July 2024, 10:36
Oh wow! That's brilliant news Fernie - well done:-)
51 of 54  -   Report This Post

wulimaster

14th July 2024, 12:18
Hello PamD.
This one is beautiful when you get there. Think of “ate nothing” (3,3) in reverse without h.
52 of 54  -   Report This Post

jennaralissima

14th July 2024, 15:58
Isn't this too much of a spoiler (referring to the books written by 10A).
53 of 54  -   Report This Post

jaffra

14th July 2024, 18:49
This post relates to last week's puzzle and thread, but I couldn't submit it then because it includes the actual solution.
In my engineering days I often used grubscrews, but I don't recall ever having to write it down. However, had i needed to I am fairly sure that I would have written it as a single word without thinking, and certainly without reference to a dictionary. Having now done so, and finding that they, and even my ancient Machinery's Screw Thread Book, give it as two words, I still think that one word is better. A "grubscrew" is a special type of screw, small, headless, and with a special tip, so-called I suspect because it resembles a grub. A "grub screw" seems to me to imply a screw that has some function relating to a grub, which is difficult to imagine. So I am with Imogen on this.
54 of 54  -   Report This Post