CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

angelmcm

22nd February 2012, 00:37
Oh, this is so frustrating - I see you all enjoying latest RT, but have to wait until Friday (at least) until I have so much of a glimpse. Merde. I have a plan...... mmm. Just could end up ahead of you all. Let's see. Might not work!
11 of 63  -   Report This Post

pastille

22nd February 2012, 00:41
lol angelmcm...

What? Where are you? The Antarctic?

Post in Dundee is bad...sometimes I don't get the RT until maybe Thursday.

Sharing your pain...maybe?
12 of 63  -   Report This Post

angelmcm

22nd February 2012, 00:52
Bit of a clue there - I am in France - but I am thinking of a way around my RT crossword problem - maybe.... more later!
13 of 63  -   Report This Post

cantersue

22nd February 2012, 07:39
Hi everyone. All completed. I have the only possible answer to 8a but can anyone explain the clue please?
14 of 63  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

22nd February 2012, 08:00
Hi cantersue,
The right(r) excercises are taken in the -Y-so the remaining letters are "innocent".
15 of 63  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

22nd February 2012, 08:11
hi Raymond and welcome. Let us know when you want a hint.

Good morning Navigator. "French" wine for 1d. The only Irish bit is IR
Jungle boy for 9a
15a person splitting; also a splitting screen
Good to see you pastille ;)
Off to get some breakfast now....
J
16 of 63  -   Report This Post

plodder

22nd February 2012, 10:37
As I plod through this weeks crossword I am seriously thinking of going to our local Majestic wine store, having a sample, then plodding round the store looking for a French wine with two words, cabernet sauvignon doesn't quite fit. Thank goodness it isn't an Irish wine, even by Ryanair the trip from South London to Dublin's wine stores would be prohibitive.
17 of 63  -   Report This Post

magworth

22nd February 2012, 11:11
Hi everyone. I got really stuck - convinced myself that 1d was an anagram of `Irish wine`. No wonder I couldn`t do it. Finished now. Welcome to new members. I am fairly new myself, and feel as tho` I`ve made a new group of friends. M.
18 of 63  -   Report This Post

devonian

22nd February 2012, 11:25
Hi All - good to see so many brain boxes at work - Like Raymond, I'm stuck on the LH bottom corner 20a 23a 19d & 21d - any further clues much appreciated
19 of 63  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

22nd February 2012, 12:00
hi devonian
20a region in France. last 2 letters French for "this". First part synonym of validated.
19d ostler ?
21d "refusal of permission" first 3 letters is abbr. of the word for an old soldier.
23a person on the leading horse drawing a carriage.
20 of 63  -   Report This Post