CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

williamseal

14th July 2024, 16:58
Thanks simondx
I'll have another bash. The one thing I can't un derstnad is the third sentence of the preamble. Can anyone help her. Most grateful to you all!
21 of 40  -   Report This Post

bluecormorant

14th July 2024, 17:45
Just completed the grid and will attempt to drawing the lines later on. Having given up last week I was happy with the perhaps easier level of cluing.

Hopefully not a spoiler, and please delete if so, but I was surprised and amused that the event is about a mile from where I'm sat right now.
22 of 40  -   Report This Post

whistler

14th July 2024, 22:23
My enthusiasm for this puzzle has been somewhat dampened by a skulk of foxes that I spotted through the window, but failed to prevent from running off with 4 of my chickens. I think I shall set it aside and have another go tomorrow.
23 of 40  -   Report This Post

mattrom

15th July 2024, 01:22
Williamseal, re. the third sentence. You may have worked it out by now, but if you have the correct entry in 1across, notice that four one-letter abbreviations crop up often in the corrected letters from the clues. (Not in any particular order)
24 of 40  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

15th July 2024, 08:08
Well this one was definitely not from a two year old list! Indeed, the event was happening around me as the puzzle was published - and it was neatly illustrated by the endgame. Thank you, Lysander.
25 of 40  -   Report This Post

williamseal

15th July 2024, 10:12
Many thanks to all who assisted. I found the endgame a little too fussy for my taste but a clever puzzle.
26 of 40  -   Report This Post

bobbycollins

15th July 2024, 11:07
....and my enthusiasm for the puzzle was somewhat dampened by the Byzantine end-game which followed a routine grid fill.
27 of 40  -   Report This Post

patch49

15th July 2024, 11:43
I have the answer for 12ac (UN’s in hock) but not the correct letter which is rather vital.
28 of 40  -   Report This Post

simond9x

15th July 2024, 12:56
Have you looked up your answer in Chambers? That should help you spot the misprint.
29 of 40  -   Report This Post

zdee

15th July 2024, 16:00
Good afternoon all - rather frustratingly the only clue I haven't got is 1d, which I imagine (hope) is negatively impacting my ability to get 1ac and therefore to move onto the endgame. Any pointers would be well received.
30 of 40  -   Report This Post