CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

12th July 2024, 15:56
The clues...
Requests for help should normally include the clue itself, the number of letters in the answer and details of any you already have. Any additional information or special instructions, common in Listener puzzles, should also be given.
Hints only, please, no answers.

The theme...
Help towards the theme may also be sought here. If assisting, aim to give enough to help a struggling solver, not so much that it'd spoil the puzzle for others Sometimes all that is needed is a little pointer, a nudge in the right direction.. Any posts which reveal too much of the theme are likely to be removed.

Although there are many regulars on these threads, newcomers are always welcome.

The Listener is a unique puzzle and should be treated with respect.
1 of 40  -   Report This Post

nxe

12th July 2024, 17:33
Another very gentle one. Pleasant enough solve, though, and timely theme.
2 of 40  -   Report This Post

jbird54

12th July 2024, 18:20
Certainly an 'event' I was completely unaware of! Quite straightforward in the end.
3 of 40  -   Report This Post

cypherhouse

13th July 2024, 07:09
I enjoyed this one a lot! Which probably means it's on the easier side, but I found the penny drop moments of the theme to be very satisfying and obtainable. The theme is something I didn't know about, but applied in a way that I didn't have to do a lot of research to understand. Basically everything that I look for in a Listener Crossword. Thanks Lysander!
4 of 40  -   Report This Post

gitto

13th July 2024, 09:19
I have managed to get a full grid relatively quickly - but haven't a clue as to what all the misprints mean - I just seem to have gobbledegook.
5 of 40  -   Report This Post

cockie

13th July 2024, 09:43
gitto - read the second sentence of the preamble VERY carefully!
6 of 40  -   Report This Post

gitto

13th July 2024, 09:57
Hi cockie, yes, after I woke up I did that and have just completed the puzzle. I thought it was all very clever, shame it didn't prove to be a little more taxing though.
7 of 40  -   Report This Post

simond9x

13th July 2024, 12:04
All done except I can't see the misprint in 27a. I know it's one of 3 letters but I can't seem to make any of them work. Probably a 'doh!' moment coming up.
8 of 40  -   Report This Post

mattrom

13th July 2024, 12:12
Simon9dx, look up definition 16 of the answer in Chambers.
9 of 40  -   Report This Post

brendan

13th July 2024, 12:15
Hi Simon,

27a - the definition is last 2 words and it's in Chambers (but I didn't know it)
10 of 40  -   Report This Post