CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

geting

20th October 2024, 18:52
Thank you for your submissions to this week's challenge.
Some lovely clues, and I appreciate Jono's nod to the Cheshire Cat. All ten entrants received multiple votes, but by a rare coincidence there is a three-way tie for first place.

Amej @33 - Article he composed was controversial (9)
Darla @24 - Joan of Arc maybe getting her name back (7)
Paul @ 22 - Ordered either to start conforming, or become a nonconformist (7)

Any of the three would be a worthy winner, however the 'first place' rule means that Paul edges it over Darla, and perhaps a tad unfortunately, Amej, despite the most individual votes, comes third.

I say Congratulations to all, especially Paul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Or3eUymcEA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj8n4MfhjUc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O51pOYh_rNI

PS That's all from me for several weeks as I'll be away. I've had great fun during the past year and I will be back

51 of 60  -   Report This Post

sam73

20th October 2024, 19:10
Thanks Geting for the challenge and well done to Paul, Darla and Amej.
52 of 60  -   Report This Post

spikepunk

20th October 2024, 19:15
Well done, Paul. Thanks for hosting, Geting, have a good break.

Glad to see that the old bird Ethel's still got it. Thanks to Tyke and Aristo for the votes!

@Aristo Yes, she has been busy, she's had her hands (and everywhere else, by all accounts) full all over the place.

53 of 60  -   Report This Post

tyke51

20th October 2024, 19:19
Well done Paul, Darla & Amej. Appreciate the votes and thanks to Geting for the challenge - enjoyed the Python sketch , think I prefer the Rack to Burning at the Stake! Good to hear Sabbath once again.
54 of 60  -   Report This Post

rafflesthegt

20th October 2024, 19:30
Congrats Paul and thanks to Geting for hosting. That was a close one - most enjoyable. Thanks for the votes, tyke, Paul, spike, Amej and to swarb for the double.
55 of 60  -   Report This Post

amej

20th October 2024, 19:33
Congratulations Paul and thanks to Geting for hosting.
56 of 60  -   Report This Post

jono

20th October 2024, 19:42
Congrats Paul and thanks also to you, Tyke, Sam, Amej and Darla for votes.
Thanks Geting, enjoyed the clips, and always enjoy your contributions.
57 of 60  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

20th October 2024, 19:50
Nice, paul. Thanks, geting. Have a nice getaway. Thanks also to raffles, spike, amej, and darla for the votes and to tyke and paul for the likes. See you all at Clueless.
58 of 60  -   Report This Post

paul

20th October 2024, 21:33
Thanks to all who voted for my clues. Commiserations Amej and Darla - both excellent posts. Cheers Geting - and for the eclectic set of prizes. TMI on the first but Starkey was definitely the right choice to revel in the gory details. I guess, like tyke, I did expect the second prize to make an appearance, and Black Sabbath is always worth a re-visit. We have really enjoyed yur contributions this last year so please enjoy your well-deserved break! PS if you're back in London pls let me know. See you all on Friday.

59 of 60  -   Report This Post

darla

21st October 2024, 01:26
Congrats, paul, Well deserved, especially with three solid clues by my reckoning. Also an excellent result for yours truly - first place but no hosting duties, which is good because I now realize I will be on a short trip next weekend. Congrats also to amej.

Thank you for the votes, gentlemen, and thanks to geting for hosting and the clips. Enjoy your vacation!
60 of 60  -   Report This Post