CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

johnpuzzle

29th December 2019, 14:01
Would welcome tips on 26A. I have .O.E. T.A.N and am thinking word 2 is train. Tips welcome.
johnpuzzle
1 of 7  -   Report This Post

malone

29th December 2019, 14:05
John, we'd welcome clues! Not everyone has a copy. PS It's a good idea too to say which puzzle it is, clueing styles and difficulty levels vary.
2 of 7  -   Report This Post

johnpuzzle

29th December 2019, 14:11
My apologies.

Observer Everyman 3,820.
Clue is "Following fashion, vacuous lightweight to fall for small diversion and I have .O.E. T.A.N

3 of 7  -   Report This Post

smot

29th December 2019, 14:15
Assuming this is Everyman. you've got the second word right. The first word ends in L (vacuous "lightweight" gives L and T which starts the second word). The first 4 letters now come from something meaning "fashion".

So now you're lookong for something which can be seen as a small diversion. Think toys....
4 of 7  -   Report This Post

malone

29th December 2019, 14:17
Thanks, John.

You need a four-letter word for 'fashion', and also a four-letter word meaning 'to fall' (weatherwise)'. 'Vacuous lightweight' results in two letters, 'vacuous' being a common crossword device. This goes in between the two four-letter words. The final answer is a 'small diversion'.

PS ??? for the blanks is easier on the eyes!
5 of 7  -   Report This Post

johnpuzzle

29th December 2019, 14:48
Thanks Smot - got it now.
Johnpuzzle

6 of 7  -   Report This Post

malone

29th December 2019, 14:53
Glad you got, johnpuzzle.
7 of 7  -   Report This Post