CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

12th April 2024, 15:57
The clues...

Requests for help should normally include the clue itself, the number of letters in the answer, and details of any you already have. Any additional information or special instructions should also be included.
Hints only, please, no answers.

The theme...
Help towards the theme may also be sought here. It's anticipated that the help should be of a gentle nature, just a nudge or pointer in the right direction - and definitely not anything that would spoil the puzzle for other solvers. Any posts which reveal too much, even inadvertently, are likely to be removed.

The Listener is a unique puzzle and should be treated with respect.
1 of 143  -   Report This Post

crowdedmorning

12th April 2024, 17:41
Does anyone know where to find the Listener on the redesigned Times puzzle site? I can’t find it anywhere.
2 of 143  -   Report This Post

simond9x

12th April 2024, 18:05
Note by Admin - the link has been removed for possible copyright reasons.

2nd Note by Admin - I’m reinstating the link as it only goes to the Log In page, only members who have paid subscriptions can Log In.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/puzzleclub/crosswordclub/news/the-listener-crossword
3 of 143  -   Report This Post

bathmatters

12th April 2024, 19:11
Hi crowded: Simon has kindly provided a link that works, but I’m with you, about the special “Puzzles” (yellow background) page. I couldn’t find the Listener there either, and so just go through the regular path on the main site (puzzle section/crossword club/scroll all the way to the bottom.)

4 of 143  -   Report This Post

nxe

12th April 2024, 20:52
Beautifully crafted surfaces in this one, though until I see the last bit of the endgame, that stage is currently feeling a bit "GWIT" to me.
5 of 143  -   Report This Post

nxe

12th April 2024, 21:12
And of course posting, as usual, made me immediately realise the endgame. There's magic in the "add post" button. I retract my criticism. Lovely puzzle.
6 of 143  -   Report This Post

jbird54

12th April 2024, 23:55
nxe - fully agree, it's a very clever puzzle with a surprising endgame.
7 of 143  -   Report This Post

dodgepot

13th April 2024, 00:09
I quite agree. Very well clued. I was fortunate to be acquainted with all the references, though I think it’s quite accessible without. Far from the toughest, but a model of its type.
8 of 143  -   Report This Post

rhsl

13th April 2024, 02:47
Not too tough, though a few clues took longer than they should have (I'm looking at you, 1 down). Nce endgame, especially given how GWIT it first appeared.
9 of 143  -   Report This Post

lumen

13th April 2024, 07:49
Yes, I'd appreciate a nudge on 1 down!
10 of 143  -   Report This Post