CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

cockie

27th February 2024, 22:13
Kitsune - the cell to the right would mean that the fourth entity would not be wholly inside the shape.
61 of 73  -   Report This Post

kitsune

28th February 2024, 07:24
Well, I had considered that but I think that using the cell on the left leads to the same issue! That's assuming that lines go to and from the centre of cells unless otherwise specified.
62 of 73  -   Report This Post

kitsune

28th February 2024, 07:31
Looking at it again, cockie, I really feel that the option on the right, in the third row from the bottom, gives a more accurate representation of the theme and the position of the fourth object.
63 of 73  -   Report This Post

candledave

28th February 2024, 08:22
kitsune - but then isn’t your next line vertically down rather than at an angle? The outline doesn’t have a vertical piece there, it is more gradual
64 of 73  -   Report This Post

vinhoverde

28th February 2024, 09:49
Late starting this but enjoying the journey so far. A bit like those lucky dip holidays where the destination is unknown, though it could be Costa Incompleta.

One answer is baffling. Have got 16ac but cannot understand wordplay. Any gentle hints?
65 of 73  -   Report This Post

0pt0

28th February 2024, 10:55
Gitto, thanks for your posts 56 and 57. 8 separate letters is, of course, correct: I mis-counted.
66 of 73  -   Report This Post

eenk

28th February 2024, 15:23
I am with Giotto and 0pt0 on this. Not for the first time this year, I have a full grid and the theme, but find that the effort required to complete a convoluted set of further instructions is just not worthwhile.
Could I make a plea to setters to concentrate more on the grid and less on post-grid chicanery?
I know that others may disagree, but it is my opinion anyway.

67 of 73  -   Report This Post

son1ofrover1

28th February 2024, 15:49
Having had the same experience on several recent occasions, I am in total agreement with you eenk.
68 of 73  -   Report This Post

kitsune

28th February 2024, 19:14
I agree, candledave, but the other option gives an angle at the bottom that looks too acute. Perhaps I am overthinking this. As you say the vertical line doesn't really fit. On balance the left option is probably the better if the two.

Please can I also have some help with two parsings?

14a Bird house in Westeros bringing in duck for afternoon.
40a Grow into neglige once poking around.

As usual I have the answers but the parsings elude me.

Thank you!
69 of 73  -   Report This Post

son1ofrover1

28th February 2024, 19:21
If you're not familiar with GOT, Google the houses featured in it.
neglige is an anagrind.
70 of 73  -   Report This Post