CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

gitto

27th February 2024, 08:09
I now have something that kind of works. The first 4 lines certainly fit the preamble and the others roughly represent the whole. My only reservation is the final position (pictorially) of the start of the 8 letter thematic - shouldn't it be a little south in the grid?
51 of 73  -   Report This Post

rickye

27th February 2024, 08:13
1D. As hinted in the previous response there is a hyphen in the answer so work on the five letter anagram signalled by ‘chaos’
52 of 73  -   Report This Post

rickye

27th February 2024, 08:15
32a Decide is as a judge might do with an extra letter (on) in.
53 of 73  -   Report This Post

whistler

27th February 2024, 09:32
Thanks, Rickye

I'll persevere.
54 of 73  -   Report This Post

0pt0

27th February 2024, 14:05
I am with others on this thread who have enjoyed the grid-fill, but are now frustrated by what appears to me to be an impenetrable end-game. I have the 13 letter theme and have found a relevant triangle of six letters, but despite being fairly confident as to the shape the loop of lines will create, I cannot understand the instruction in the preamble to "trace the theme's letters, etc.". Does this mean we should use every occurrence of the nine separate letters which make up the three words (I hope this isn't giving away too much information)? If my grid is correct, it cannot mean that we are to use the five letters of the item referred to by the theme because its third letter is not used in the grid. A hint to get me started would be appreciated, otherwise it is going to be a very disappointing end to what started out as fun.
55 of 73  -   Report This Post

gitto

27th February 2024, 14:51
0pt0, I only have 8 separate letters in the 13. Joining the 13 letters (which are not contiguous) is the instruction, not the 5 letters of the theme. If you have the 8 letter 4th item, you need to orientate the grid such that it roughly geographically correct.
56 of 73  -   Report This Post

gitto

27th February 2024, 14:57
What I mean is, 0pt0, I only have 8 separate letters in the 13. Joining the 13 letters (which are not contiguous) is the instruction, not the 5 letters of the theme. If you have the 8 letter 4th item, you need to VISUALLY orientate the grid such that it roughly geographically correct.
57 of 73  -   Report This Post

riversk

27th February 2024, 17:33
There are too many occurrences of the 8 letters. I don’t know how the final sketch can be unambiguous.
58 of 73  -   Report This Post

cockie

27th February 2024, 17:49
Gitto - my post at #5 was edited because I hinted at roughly what you are saying. But I suppose such assistance is deemed OK 4 days later! (I'm not getting at you, BTW.)

The outline just joins the 13 letters - once each - of the message.
59 of 73  -   Report This Post

kitsune

27th February 2024, 21:18
Good evening, all. I thought that this was an enjoyable puzzle but there is (I think) some ambiguity in the endgame. I believe that the fifth line could end in one of two places, which are separated by a knight's move. To my eye the option on the right is a better fit but I would be interested to hear others' opinions on this.
60 of 73  -   Report This Post