CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

peterm

27th March 2024, 20:53
And thank you, aristo, and to anyone else who liked my clue. I hadn't really thought about whether a duke can wear a crown. I'm always baffled by all the medals.
51 of 68  -   Report This Post

ginge

27th March 2024, 21:05
Congratulations jono in my opinion it was well up there, cheers mattrom but my personal review, for what it's worth, my eye was immediately focused on peterm's surface.
52 of 68  -   Report This Post

chrise

27th March 2024, 21:06
does a duke not wear strawberry leaves?
53 of 68  -   Report This Post

mattrom

27th March 2024, 21:21
OK, everyone, this will be my last Clueless. As I stress over choosing a winner, it's best not to enter.
54 of 68  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

27th March 2024, 21:29
Oh, mattrom, it was hardly an objection. The winning clue was great! I for one was only expressing admiration for peterm’s clue too. Heck, there are so many good ones to choose from, and yours are usually the best. Pleeeeease don’t take it the wrong way. You too, jono.
55 of 68  -   Report This Post

chrise

27th March 2024, 21:31
don't leave, mattrom. i always wonder about entering clueless because of the stress of choosing the winner, but i usually do. fortunately for me, i don't win anything like as often as you do!

jono's was a great clue. it was just that some of us seemed to prefer peterm's.
56 of 68  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

27th March 2024, 22:04
OK, guys. We’ve upset the best cluer in the Southern Hemisphere. Talk about cluelessness.
57 of 68  -   Report This Post

peterm

27th March 2024, 22:04
May I also add, mattrom, that I would be horrified if you were to leave. It simply wouldn’t be the same without you. We all know that judging a clue is completely subjective and your judgment is beyond criticism.
58 of 68  -   Report This Post

paul

27th March 2024, 22:16
Well done Jon! Cheer Mattrom. For my tuppenceworth Darla 5 was a great clue too. PLEASE stay with us on Clueless Mattrom - a bit of stress now and again s good for all of us. We really value your contributions on all the competitions and will miss you way too much.
59 of 68  -   Report This Post

jono

27th March 2024, 22:17
Don’t go Mattrom, it wouldn’t be the same without you. Your clue writing has influenced my own more than anyone else here over the last few years.

Anyway, I look forward to picking a controversial winner next week just to get you all talking… I’ve selected the word already, l just can’t say what it is! 🤔

Ttfn!
60 of 68  -   Report This Post