CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

stephen

24th March 2024, 23:31
Here here -well said
41 of 47  -   Report This Post

simond9x

24th March 2024, 23:35
Or even.....
42 of 47  -   Report This Post

ruthrobin

25th March 2024, 15:21
I usually avoid commenting as the marker, Mr Green, really objects to any kind of on-line discussion of Listener puzzles but have truly appreciated the support that has appeared here for my 'egg-boiler'. I knew it was easy and even those of you who said so, early on, would be put to shame by the brief time it took both of the editors to solve it. However, they assured me that the full range of difficulty is desirable (obviously there has to be some kind of thematic material and I am grateful for that word 'elegant' in that regard). Lots of input has reached me from solvers who have been depressed by the difficulty of puzzles in the last few weeks and who really welcomed a change from several days of head-scratching. Let me prompt Malone and that top hundred to give the Magpie another go - there are some wonderful imaginative puzzles in there and you don't have to solve all six - we frequently fail to do that.
43 of 47  -   Report This Post

lumen

25th March 2024, 15:39
It was a very nice puzzle, much appreciated by me, as a devout weekly solver. I didn't know about the theme at all.
44 of 47  -   Report This Post

darla

25th March 2024, 16:27
Thank you ruthrobin/chalicea for a nice puzzle. I enjoy almost all of the puzzles, despite perceived level of difficulty, and yours was put together especially nicely. I'll call the construction elegant as well. As I commented earlier, I had just been reading an article referencing the phenomenon referred to by the quote in your puzzle, so that was an extra treat for me.
45 of 47  -   Report This Post

adalja

26th March 2024, 23:41
I’d like to add my thanks to the setter - very enjoyable puzzle for a Listener novice such as myself.

First time using the Chambers app too, which really helped speed things along.

Had no idea about the thematic link until completing this puzzle - you really do learn something new every day.
46 of 47  -   Report This Post

rhona121

30th March 2024, 09:21
Thank you for this straightforward, but very cleverly constructed and enjoyable puzzle. I need some like this now and again.
I'm just wondering if, in line with one of the unclued answers, this puzzle would have been better, chronologically speaking, in today's paper.
47 of 47  -   Report This Post