CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jono

4th January 2024, 20:13
In an early scene he consumes soup with a spoon in his left hand whilst wearing his gun holster on the right. But then it’s always a good idea to keep your shooting handing ready for action!
21 of 214  -   Report This Post

chrise

4th January 2024, 20:16
Yes jono, but he also throws the knife ledft handed. But the soup scene suggests that the showing wasn't reversed.
22 of 214  -   Report This Post

quisling

4th January 2024, 22:28
Is that true, ChrisE? There were 23 wickets in the day, and South Africa batted twice. Which session did they show first?
23 of 214  -   Report This Post

tyke51

4th January 2024, 23:17
SA batted first and were bowled out for 55! India replied getting a lead of less than a hundred. SA did better in their 2nd innings but left India needing a small total to level the series! All over in a day and a half! I think it was the shortest ever Test - not a great advert for Test Cricket!
Sorry to interrupt!
24 of 214  -   Report This Post

quisling

4th January 2024, 23:27
Indeed, Tyke51. Comfortably the shortest ever. I can’t believe the ticket revenue wouldn’t be vital for them, so why they can’t prepare pitches that don’t have tennis ball bounce is a mystery to me. Hard enough facing 6’9” Marco Jansen without that!
25 of 214  -   Report This Post

chrise

5th January 2024, 07:59
Hi quisling
The first time they showed the highlights, it was 2,1,3. I don't know if they got it right when they showed them again later that night.
26 of 214  -   Report This Post

paulhabershon

5th January 2024, 18:39
I have often been irritated by ex-public school politicians dropping the letter t, presumably not to sound too 'posh' and thus hoping to align with the common citizen and 'hard-working families' (so overused and patronising!).

Blair did it, also Osborne, and now I have heard Rishi Sunak (ex-Winchester) wanting to ge' on with the job and concentrate on what's impor'an'.

I don't think Cameron is guilty of this habit, thus earning my respect, nor does Jacob Rees-Mogg 'dumb down'. People should be true to themselves.

27 of 214  -   Report This Post

jono

6th January 2024, 11:19
Someone posted this on another forum and hasn’t received a response. It intrigued me because it’s a quote from a novel (Early Riser by Jasper Fforde) which is seemingly a crossword clue. I looked it up and it occurs in dialogue between two characters where one asks the other about the clue, but no answer is given. We also don’t know what enumeration there might be, though we are told that it is a down clue.

“Slow to pen a plumber’s handbook?”

Any thoughts?
28 of 214  -   Report This Post

orson

6th January 2024, 16:23
From today's Times:

"Is it just you who's a social barbarian?"

You who are, not you who is.
29 of 214  -   Report This Post

jono

6th January 2024, 16:46
Orson’s post reminds me that I received a little book for Christmas titled “Sir, ”.

It contains a year of letters to the Times editor, all of which (as you know), start with “Sir, …”.

Rather fun, I can recommend it.

I think I might set myself the goal of achieving an entry in next year’s book!
30 of 214  -   Report This Post