CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bobbycollins

13th February 2024, 18:53
Stunningly good puzzle for a damp and windy afternoon on The Irish Sea. Got a full grid, the hint to the competition and the further competitor, but am struggling to find the five letter title. Google is getting me nowhere. Any hints for key words to enter? The sausage connection hasn't helped so far.
21 of 29  -   Report This Post

quisling

13th February 2024, 19:21
Bobby, the final title only appears when you’ve entered the competitors in the correct places in the grid as instructed. The title you’re looking for is certainly not obscure if you have the correct competitor
22 of 29  -   Report This Post

bobbycollins

13th February 2024, 19:52
That's fab, thanks quisling.
23 of 29  -   Report This Post

bobbycollins

14th February 2024, 11:47
Thanks, again to quisling. I came back to it this morning and it took a lot of googling to establish the correct replacements. What a joy when the five letter title revealed itself.

A stunningly brilliant puzzle.
24 of 29  -   Report This Post

gitto

14th February 2024, 18:23
Started this yesterday, what a brilliant puzzle. Took a bit of googling, but the grid stare was, thankfully, a lot quicker. Some easier clues helped to start the grid, others didn't!! Though still looking for the connection between the four.
25 of 29  -   Report This Post

cockie

24th February 2024, 13:50
I would have found MEDEA if I hadn't had HERODOTUS in the NE quadrant instead of EURIPIDES. Wasn't he involved as well?
26 of 29  -   Report This Post

hecuba

1st March 2024, 13:08
Cockle, for those of us who are a bit slower to get through the crossword/can't get to it until later in the week, please could you be a bit more oblique. On the whole is day people come here for clues rather than answers.
27 of 29  -   Report This Post

hecuba

1st March 2024, 13:09
Apologies for the mis naming, cockie! My autocorrect got over zealous
28 of 29  -   Report This Post

cockie

1st March 2024, 13:31
A bit harsh, hecuba, as I was commenting AFTER the answer was published!
29 of 29  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » IQ 1842