CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jono

8th May 2024, 18:04
I’m flattered, Jigjag. Perhaps I should patent the Jono device and go on Dragons’ Den, though I don’t fancy my chances.

Sticking to whole eggs seems like a good idea, after all wholefoods are supposed to be better for you!
201 of 214  -   Report This Post

tyke51

8th May 2024, 19:29
Grunger

Thanks for the mention - fingers crossed! 🤞

Jigjag

Enjoy following your adventures at the Market Cafe - impressed with your new ground too! ⚽
202 of 214  -   Report This Post

jigjag

9th May 2024, 15:58
Jono

The dragons would probably come up with the usual "Great idea and I would buy it, but it is not a business I would invest in. Problem with scale".

I imagine the scale on the machine is perfectly adequate though!

203 of 214  -   Report This Post

jigjag

9th May 2024, 16:02
Tyke

Glad you enjoy the stories.

Everton were lucky to beat Doncaster in the League Cup - I thought Rovers played nice football. I didnt foresee the late charge up the table.Good luck in play-offs.

Haven't seen any cricket yet - very wet April here.
204 of 214  -   Report This Post

grunger

9th May 2024, 16:06
jigjag, jono

Loved your posts re the half-egg machine.

tyke

No such luck with our ground - today re-named the Brick Stadium!
205 of 214  -   Report This Post

tyke51

9th May 2024, 16:39
Grunger
Never been to the new ground. I went to Central Park and Springfield ... was it?

Jigjag
We've got Grant McCann back for the second time - it's been a season of 2 halves but we finally playing well! Just 2 games to go (hopefully!)
206 of 214  -   Report This Post

malone

9th May 2024, 17:22
Jigjag, Jono (et al... I've lost track of contributors)

I enjoyed the cafe and the splitting an egg tales . I wonder if 'splitting an egg' will ever be as scientific a concept as 'splitting an atom'?

I am afraid I got into rather a tangle followingthe stories, as my mind wandered off at times. I spent lots of time mulling over various concepts - 'no use crying over spilt milk' could be replaced by 'no use crying over spilt yolk/albumen' and 'half a loaf is better than none' could change to 'half an egg is better than none'. My idea for splitting the eggs was very simplistic - the first person would get two whole eggs and a yolk, the second person would get two whole eggs and a white. I am sure it is perfectly safe to store these components in the fridge - and I think Cassie would think this is a far easier way to do things, and requires no special equipment.

PS Apologies if someone else had already come up with my suggestion, I've been skim-reading as the world championships for that are coming up soon.
207 of 214  -   Report This Post

grunger

10th May 2024, 12:24
malone

I think your idea is very sensible, and the most efficient, but straightforwardness does not seem to apply at the cafe. Thus, jigjag was offered half-and-half for the half-egg, which brought Jono's device into play.

Jigjag said that Cassie was studying science, so you might be right, she may have confused splitting the egg with splitting the atom.

jigjag

Who is Railway Ron, is he a model railway as well as a large omelette enthusiast?
208 of 214  -   Report This Post

malone

10th May 2024, 16:51
Thanks, Grunger. I

like the idea of Cassie studying science, I'm sure she'll come up with weird and wonderful answers to some of the problems.

I would be quite happy NOT to have an egg-splitter cluttering up my (kitchen) drawers - there's enough junk (masquerading as 'useful items') in there already.
209 of 214  -   Report This Post

parallelogram

12th May 2024, 17:49
Not to mention panini.
210 of 214  -   Report This Post