CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

5th April 2024, 09:21
The clues...
Requests for help should normally include the clue itself, the number of letters in the answer, and details of any you already have. Please also give any additional information or special instructions, common in Listener puzzles.
Hints only, please, no answers.

The theme...
Help towards the theme may also be sought here. It is intended that the help is just a nudge, a pointer in the right direction - something to help a struggling solver, but not anything that would spoil the puzzle for others. Any posts which, even inadvertently, reveal too much are likely to be removed.

The Listener is a unique puzzle and should be treated with respect.

PS This is being posted early as I will be away for most of the day.
1 of 76  -   Report This Post

jordan

5th April 2024, 19:48
Finally found the phenomenon but it has taken an hour. Cheers Vagans. Nice one.
2 of 76  -   Report This Post

rhsl

6th April 2024, 03:58
Not too tough this week, but nicely constructed. Took a little while to understand how the rubric applied, but then it fell into place. The longest wait for me was to find the unaffected answer to one of the clues. Unnecessary for completion of the grid, but you always want to know...
3 of 76  -   Report This Post

cypherhouse

6th April 2024, 09:04
Done early this week. I feel like the theme itself is a little loose, but all the components feel checked enough to be pretty tightly made. Thanks for the puzzle Vagans!
4 of 76  -   Report This Post

planks

6th April 2024, 11:21
Not as hard as the preamble might suggest. I've never heard of the thematic word and it's not in my concise OED. A new word to impress the grandchildren with. Nice puzzle, thanks Vagans.
5 of 76  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

6th April 2024, 14:59
Thanks to Vagans for an entertaining puzzle. I fell into all - or nearly all - of the elephant traps where apparent extra words weren’t!
6 of 76  -   Report This Post

riversk

6th April 2024, 15:25
A nudge for 32d would be much appreciated. I believe the entry is clear enough, not sure about the clue. Many thanks in advance.
7 of 76  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

6th April 2024, 15:44
Riversk, the first 2 words gave Blair a hard time.
8 of 76  -   Report This Post

riversk

6th April 2024, 15:58
Thanks, jack aubrey. I believe I catch your drift, although I think the entry is an extremely loose (and probably unfair) application of the theme, correct?
9 of 76  -   Report This Post

candledave

6th April 2024, 16:09
It comes up on Google as an interpretation when you Google the theme and the two words so seems ok to me
10 of 76  -   Report This Post