CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

cockie

25th February 2024, 22:19
Congratulations to Eclogue on another fine puzzle. While the first thematic name was well-known the second was new to me. Always nice to learn something new.
1 of 12  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

26th February 2024, 08:53
Indeed, a great puzzle. Thank you, Eclogue. And an echo of the current Listener in the end game.
2 of 12  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

26th February 2024, 15:41
I've ground to my usual halt. 17 across (Arena success for all - 6 two words ) is eluding me but I think it could start with W. Also, and as always, I am having my normal word search blindness in finding both the resting place and the name to be highlighted. A nudge/violent shove in the right direction would be much appreciated.
3 of 12  -   Report This Post

cockie

26th February 2024, 16:01
ap - the fourth word needs something at the beginning.
4 of 12  -   Report This Post

malone

26th February 2024, 16:04
AP, have you got the 'object'? It wasn't until I grasped that bit that I could start my wordsearch....
5 of 12  -   Report This Post

bobbycollins

26th February 2024, 18:39
Another fine puzzle which whiled away a little time whilst awaiting a delivery that (naturally) didn't arrive. We often bemoan the behemoth which Amazon (coincidently) has become, but it's reliable.

I couldn't justify the first word of the object on t'internet - my search gave me a description which was three short!
6 of 12  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

26th February 2024, 19:14
Thank you Cockie and Malone. I was completely awry with 17 across. I now have a full grid and have tried Googling the information yielded by the added letters but so far have got nowhere. I'll go back to it tomorrow.
7 of 12  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

27th February 2024, 18:50
Typical of me. I spent ages focussing on the 2 word name rather than the 3 word description. No wonder I was getting nowhere fast.
8 of 12  -   Report This Post

malone

27th February 2024, 19:20
Thanks, AP - and phew, that's a relief! I was in a similar position initially, then realised the 'object' had to be of major significance!
9 of 12  -   Report This Post

fred108

4th March 2024, 23:55
I feel out of my depth with this one, so need some help, please.

I am struggling with 28d
Ground corps wets bottles (5)
I have ST?PS Stops? How does that work ?

Incredibly I have figured out the block of 15 and, probably the 12 contiguous cells, if they are in a wiggly line ,the thematic name and the object.
I am, however bewildered by the instruction to modify 4 answers before entry.....which suggests I have some answers wrong. ( Always an issue for me as I shamelessly guess and bung in.)

Any thoughts, me hearties ?

Thank you

fred

10 of 12  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1631