CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

plutocrat

26th August 2023, 03:25
Morning all. Haven't looked at this yet, but as its a PDF format one and I don't have a printer, I hacked it into a spreadsheet so it can be filled out electronically.
Your mileage may vary. No warranties, no guarantees. But if you're feeling trusting, you can grab it here.

https://wormhole.app/kmXKW#Qt_5f6SM1qYMULhckCn7RQ
1 of 85  -   Report This Post

cheshirejohn

26th August 2023, 07:37
Hi,Plutocrat. I wouldn't bother if I was you. I'd forgotten it was a Maskarade special. I can't abide the format.
2 of 85  -   Report This Post

jono

26th August 2023, 08:20
Good fun once you get into it. Similar to the Maskarade puzzle a while back with all the fish. Bradford’s is proving rather helpful…
3 of 85  -   Report This Post

plutocrat

26th August 2023, 11:13
Admittedly more of a commitment than a regular prize -- after a couple of hours and a similar number of beers I'm about half way through -- but not finding it too bad. I was lucky to get my first clue as a themed one, and that helped boost my confidence. I think the setter has deliberately dialed back the difficulty of some the clues. But still not parsing a few of them. More beer needed then.
4 of 85  -   Report This Post

prospero

26th August 2023, 13:00
thought it best to leave the beer till finished ... bit of a slog but my geography improved. Cheers!
5 of 85  -   Report This Post

docrum

26th August 2023, 14:12
I'm enjoying it, as my knowledge of geography is fairly good. Stuck on a few though.
7 down - is the first letter an E? not totally sure of my 6 across
6 of 85  -   Report This Post

patgreg

26th August 2023, 14:15
7 down starts with M
7 of 85  -   Report This Post

docrum

26th August 2023, 14:27
Cheers! That's 7 down sorted.
Can anyone give me any hints for 17across?
S_ _ _ I _ T _ D
pretty sure my crossing letters are right, but can't find a word to fit in
8 of 85  -   Report This Post

prospero

26th August 2023, 14:28
6a - def is first two words, with nicknames for a country and a relative backwards. But the definition could also be thematic ...
9 of 85  -   Report This Post

docrum

26th August 2023, 14:31
No worries, got it now.
10 of 85  -   Report This Post