CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

magpie9

27th May 2023, 15:43
Is anyone else having problems downloading this? I keep getting an error 404.
1 of 9  -   Report This Post

geoff172

27th May 2023, 15:59
Yes.
It started for me with the Listener last night.
2 of 9  -   Report This Post

jono

27th May 2023, 16:24
I have no problem seeing it in the Times app.
3 of 9  -   Report This Post

geoff172

27th May 2023, 17:06
Hi again,
It was in the Times app, and downloadable, but not working within the Times Puzzle Club.
4 of 9  -   Report This Post

magpie9

28th May 2023, 08:11
Thank you all for responding. I was in the The Times app, Crossword Club. It is still not working this morning.
I have now downloaded the Times Puzzles app and this has worked.
5 of 9  -   Report This Post

magpie9

28th May 2023, 08:24
Now discovered that this app does not support email so I can’t print it!😩
6 of 9  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

28th May 2023, 10:10
I can email you a scan ....?
7 of 9  -   Report This Post

magpie9

28th May 2023, 10:31
Thank you sudokulover. I have now downloaded the Times Classical app and discovered that I can have all of the puzzles emailed to me.
8 of 9  -   Report This Post

strangelybrown

28th May 2023, 20:39
There are some dreadful obscurities this week. Take 29d, I'll spare you the clue but the answer is 'rutherfordium' (I had to cheat to get it). This was an important clue because it was on the left edge of the grid and gave the first letter to seven across answers, but how many people have ever heard of it?
This issue started with the first across clue. To solve it you needed to know the meaning of the Scottish dialect word 'unco'.
Another answer was 'monotreme'.
For another answer I had to search online the names of Roman poets.
I don't mind complex clues, preferably involving witty word play, but when you have complex clues and the answer is a word you have never heard of, then what might have been a fun solve becomes a boring series of Google searches.
9 of 9  -   Report This Post