CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

kitsune

27th October 2022, 18:04
At Norah's suggestion I have copied the below text from a recent Listener post:

I called the Times recently to cancel my online subscription and learned that there is a new subscription option costing £5 per month that gives access to all of the crosswords plus a limited number of articles. This might be of interest to others on this forum.

1 of 5  -   Report This Post

bunty

27th October 2022, 22:21
Do you have a phone number please kitsune?
2 of 5  -   Report This Post

jono

27th October 2022, 22:44
Hi Bunty, I used 0800 018 5177. You are given various options, I suggest going straight to ‘cancellations’ rather than ‘customer service’ who when I spoke to them didn’t seem to know what to do and transferred me to the cancellations team.
As I said on the Listener thread I was offered £6.50 per month for the next three months. It will be interesting to see if other offers are available.
3 of 5  -   Report This Post

paul

28th October 2022, 00:50
IMHO the best ongoing deal is digital + Sunday Times print package at £10.83 per month, full coverage, and price won't double after 3 months. Access to daily crosswords.
4 of 5  -   Report This Post

the_bard

1st November 2022, 16:10
I've been a paying subscriber to the Times since 2017. For some time I have been paying the princely sum of £26 pm for full access though I only really use it to access the cryptic crosswords. Some time ago I enquired about a reduction but was told I was on the cheapest package.

I've just rung the number above, selecting the cancellations option. Spoke to a very helpful man who reduced my payment for the full package by 90% to £2.60 pm for the next 3 months. He told me to call back in January to see about a longer term, cheaper deal to meet my needs. He though it was the 'Digital Lite' package that would be the £5 pm referred to.

It's definitely worth calling them if you are paying over the odds for what you want from the subscription. Thanks for the tip and nudge.
5 of 5  -   Report This Post